Sun 19th Nov 2023
Willkommen, bienvenue, welcome!
Leave your coat (and troubles) at the door, and step into a brand-new afternoon of old Hollywood glamour and queer variety cabaret.
The Glimour Lounge celebrates the golden age of sophisticated style with an outstanding cast of drag and burlesque artists.
Brought to you by hostess, international glamour doll, and AFAB drag queen Glimour, this afternoon delight will transport you to another time with alluring performances, sultry live vocals, and a seductive ambiance.
It’s the night of old Hollywood indulgence you’ve been waiting for – with plenty of surprises that will pop your cork.
After all, to quote Katherine Hepburn, if you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun…
Our sparkling cast is ready for their close-up:
- Glimour – Your glamorous host; an international cabaret vocalist and drag queen, bringing her sultry vocals & signature be-jeweled looks to the stage
- Medusa Has Been – The newest oldest showgirl in town; vintage, classy, quaint and a bit sexy grandma too!
- Aura Gasm – She’s sexy, she’s sultry… she’s a slag! Aura brings her signature vocals and stunning beauty to leave your dripping!
- Turkish D’light – Deliciously sweet and always a treat! The one and only multi-award winning Turkish queen of burlesque!
- Richard Melanin The Third – Internationally acclaimed clown and drag king, inviting audiences to a world of possibilities where no two encounters are the same…
Doors 2:00pm, Show 2:30pm
THIS SHOW IS IN THE BASEMENT
Please note The Glory is a queer venue run by queer people, for queer people and their allies. We operate a zero-tolerance policy towards homophobia, transphobia, racism, misogyny and discrimination of any kind. Be respectful or you will be asked to leave. Strictly no office, hen or stag parties allowed.
The Glory is a very old building with pre-existing accessibility issues and while we’ve strived to make the space user friendly, there is no ‘easy’ wheelchair accessibility to all areas of the venue.
MAIN BAR ACCESSIBILITY:
The main bar is accessible, though the toilets are up a flight of 3 stairs with a handrail. Wheelchairs cannot access the toilets however. There is a local restaurant a few doors down who have an accessible toilet that they are happy for our customers to use.
To access shows in the basement there is a narrow flight of 12 stairs with a handrail.
The main bar has plenty of seats and tables. Ticketed shows are seated unless otherwise stated.