Stitch It Like A Queen
Have all these fabulous lewk ideas but not sure how to bring them to life? Then this Sunday afternoon taster class is just the right thing for you!
In the span of three hours, you will learn the necessary skills to customise and start making your own garments that can be used for performances, photoshoots, parties and just prancing around being fabulous!
If you have an idea of a project you would like to customise or create from scratch, bring the sketch and materials along, and you will receive tailored advice on how to make it into the garment you wish to create.
- Introduction to principles of designing outfits for stage and things to consider when creating a garment
- Design tools and how to use them
- Correct use of sewing machine threading, loading bobbin, choosing correct needles and setting correct tension, sewing feet and their functions
- Taking measurements correctly on yourself and others
- Dart manipulation: creating shape and volume
- Principles of translating a sketch into a real life garment
- Personalised advise on your custom made garment
Please bring the following tools: scissors, A4 paper, pencil, needles and thread, any materials you want to make your garment with, something to take notes with, and a sewing machine if you have one.
After the class, stay on for the free cabaret show!
Taster class ticket price: £15
About the Classes: Stitch it like a Queen is a series of classes tailored specifically to the needs of drag and burlesque artists and performers. The classes serve as an introductory course where you will learn making stunning outfits for stage performances, editorial photo projects, and other shenanigans. The classes aim to teach practical skills of design and construction to custom measurements, and broader comprehension of design process and translating ideas into garments. Future sessions will include a variety of fun themed masterclasses, making a fishtail dress, a 1960s style mini dress, kawaii Lolita outfits, shift dresses and much more.
About the tutor: